Blog Birthday and a Video

by Sarah on February 20, 2011

rome skyline

I loved being a tourist in Rome, eating gelato and basking in history and culture. We wandered the cobblestone alleys, immersed in the sound of flowing Italian, like extras in a romantic movie.  Lunch was always spaghetti and the wine only Italian (we were there for just four days, not enough time to get sick of it).  At home I dreamed of going back, imagining myself sipping espresso on the bank of the Tiber.  Instead I read Eat, Pray, Love wondering why in the world the author decided to leave such a wonderful country to wash floors in an ashram.

I never did get back to Italy. Then last week I received a call asking if I wanted to create a short video on pasta for a competition. No, of course I didn’t. “Winner goes to Italy!” she quickly added before I could hang up. Hmm, this changes things a bit. I will sell my soul to get back to Italy so I agreed.

With the help of my friend Yael Segal-Ruder, who I now call Spielberg, we went into action to create our first video ever. It also happens to be my 2nd blog birthday this month, so if I may ask, please hop over to see my video (winner is the one with the most views so share it with all your friends).

My Pasta Video
(with a surprise ending)

Chez Loulou February 20, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Happy blog birthday!
You and “Spielberg” did a wonderful job. Hope you win!

Yael the Finn February 20, 2011 at 2:34 pm

That video is hilarious and so well made! You should win the trip to Italy!!! And thanks for having us bloggers at your home last Friday:-)

Yael the Finn February 20, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Oh and where is that video going to be,I mean on which Barilla site?

Yael the Finn February 20, 2011 at 2:57 pm

P.S. Posted it in my food blog…And happy blog anniversary!

Nanette February 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Happy blog birthday + may you see Italy again soon!

Sarah February 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm

You are all great! thanks for commenting and having as much fun with the video as I did (I never realized how serious some people can be). My dog, btw, refused to eat anything at the beginning because he already ate a hallah bread my neighbor threw into the yard (thinking I wasn’t looking).

OysterCulture February 20, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Woohoo! Loved your video, you have my vote to get you back to Italy? Does that mean I can come and carry your luggage? Best of luck!

turkey's for life February 20, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Best of luck with the video. I hate being filmed – or even having my photograph taken for that matter. Wow, can’t believe your blog is nearly two. That’s ANCIENT these days in the blog world! :) Long may we all continue…
Julia

Simcha February 21, 2011 at 12:23 am

Loved the video, funny. The dog played a great part and happy blog birthday.

Miriam February 21, 2011 at 2:46 am

Loved the video and hope it wins you the trip to Italy. Does Barilla promise to FEED the winner the whole time too? :) I love Barilla actually.

And happy 2nd blog birthday! It feels like a landmark, doesn’t it? Many more blogging years to go…

Sarah February 21, 2011 at 3:27 am

thank you Miriam, It has been an eventful two years blogging, who would have thought I would do a video?